World Cancer Day 2019
Here at EMG, World Cancer Day is something that is close to our hearts. With many of our staff who have had significant people in their lives affected by cancer, we want to be able to play our part in raising awareness of this.
Below are some key facts:
Key Cancer Facts
- 9.6 million people die from cancer every year.
- At least one third of common cancers are preventable.
- Cancer is the second-leading cause of death worldwide.
- 70% of cancer deaths occur in low-to-middle income countries.
- Up to 3.7 million livescould be saved each year by implementing resource appropriate strategies for prevention, early detection and treatment.
- The total annual economic cost of cancer is estimated at US$1.16 trillion.
Many of us have been touched by cancer. Talking openly about cancer and our experiences makes a huge difference in increasing understanding, overcoming stigma and reducing fear.
Each one of us has a story to share. What’s yours?
If you would like to contribute or donate please visit https://www.worldcancerday.org/give
For more information on World Cancer Day and some of the resources provided visit https://www.worldcancerday.org/
#WorldCancerDay #IamAndIwill #EducationMatters #EMG